Saturday, April 9, 2011

PROPHET JESUSas HAS DIED: THE QURAN

PROPHET JESUSas HAS DIED: THE QURAN

The so-called orthodox Muslim belief that a Jesus-look-alike was crucified instead of Hadhrat Jesusas, and that Hadhrat Jesusas was raised to heaven, to descend a later day, has no support in the Holy Quran. The origin of this popular belief is from Christian sources, as will be shown in a future article.

The Quran is quite clear that Hadhrat Jesusas has passed away, and gives no support to the concept of Hadhrat Jesusas physically going to heaven. Some specific verses will now be considered:

  • "Jesus said, I am a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. And He has made me blessed wheresoever I may be and has enjoined on me prayer and alms-giving so long as I live. He has made me dutiful toward my mother, and He has not made me haughty and unblessed. Peace was on me the day I was born, and peace there shall be on the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again." (19:31-4)

    The verse shows Hadhrat Jesusas must have died, and could not exist in heaven with his physical body:

    • If he was still alive, he would have to give alms in heaven, but who would need alms there?
    • If he would descend again to earth alive, he would have to follow the Jewish prescriptions on both prayer and alms-giving - and could not be a follower of Islamic law.
    • Did his mother accompany him to heaven physically? How could he otherwise behave like a dutiful son towards her?
  • "Keep in mind when God will say to Jesus, son of Mary: Didst thou say to people: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? - and he will answer, Holy art Thou, I could never say that to which I had no right. If I had said it, Thou wouldst have surely known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. It is only Thou who art the Knower of hidden things. I said nothing to them except that which Thou didst command me: Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. I was a witness over them as long as I remained among them, but since Thou didst cause me to die, Thou hast been the Watcher over them, and Thou art Witness over all things." (5:117-8)

    The verse proves that:

    • The corruption of Christian doctrine took place after the death of Hadhrat Jesusas. If Hadhrat Jesusas is still alive, as some Muslims believe, then Christianity must still be pure.
    • The same Hadhrat Jesusas will not appear a second time in this world, as he would then become aware that Christians had now taken his mother as Divine, and could not, therefore plead ignorance in front of God's judgment seat.

  • The Quran says about persons or beings worshiped as God: "They are dead, not living; and they know not when they will be raised." (16:21)

    If Hadhrat Jesusas is alive, as some Muslims believe, he must be God

1 comment:

Revival of islam said...

Another verse which clearly states that jesus is dead. The ayat is VERSE NO 76 SURA MAIDA.



In this verse there are two proofs of Jesus's death.

1. Allah says that all the prophets before him have passed away. So there is nothing special in his death as he was also a prophet.


2. The thing WHICH I WANT TO STRESS IN THIS VERSE IS THE LAST PART OF THE VERSE WHICH SAYS THAT JESUS AND HAZRAT MARIYAM (AS) USED TO EAT FOOD. Please not the use of PAST TENSE in this verse. they USED to eat food. This tells us that they don't eat food now. "woh khana khaya kartay they." Gramatically this is ""Mazi Istamrari"" As both of them don't eat food NOW, that means they are dead.

Somebody might think that Jesus can live without eating food, up in the heavens. Well, this is wrong because other verses of Quran tells us that the Prophets have to eat food to survive. The two verses described below explains this matter.

1. The verse No 21 of Sura-Furqan says that the prophets before Hazoor (SAW) used to eat food and there was no exception.

2. The verse NO 9 of SURA-Anbia says that the bodies of all the prophets are made such that they cannot survive without eating neither they can have a life which never ends.

Post a Comment