Thursday, January 13, 2011

Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) - 7‏


Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw)
The promised Messiah's Beliefs (from his writings)


Whenever I have denied being a Prophet or a Messenger, it means that I am not a law-bearer, nor am I a Prophet in my own right. But I am a Messenger and a Prophet without a new law in sense that God reveals to me that which is hidden, and because of the inner grace that has been bestowed upon me on account of my obedience to the Holy Prophet, and because of having received his name. I have never denied being a Prophet in this sense. It is in this sense that God has called me a Prophet and a Messenger. My having said, I am not a Messenger and have not brought a book; means that I am not the bearer of a new law. It must, however, be remembered and should never be forgotten, that despite my having been called Prophet and Messenger, I have been informed by God that all this grace is not bestowed directly upon me but that there is one in heaven, that is to say, Muhammad, the chosen one, peace be on him, whose spiritual grace accompanies me. In this way the Seal of Prophethood has been fully safeguarded, for I have been given these names by way of reflection through the mirror of love. If a person is chagrined over the revelation that has been vouchsafed to me in which God Almighty has called me a Prophet and a Messenger, it is foolish on his part, for my being Prophet and Messenger, as I have explained, does not contravene the Divine Seal

(Ek Ghalati Ka Izalah, p. 8–9)



The gist of the faith to which I adhere is La Ilaha Illallaho Mohammadur Rasoolullah (There is non worthy of worship except God and Muhammad, peace be on him, is His messenger). What I believe in, here in this world and to which I would stick till I pass away from this world, with the grace of God, is that Our Chief and Master the Holy Prophet Mohammad, peace be on him, is the Khatamun Nabiyyin (Seal of the Prophets) and the best of the Messengers; it was at his hands that the religion was perfected and the Bounty of God which can lead a man to the communion of God, saw his completion.

(Izala-i-Auham Part 1, p-137)

No comments:

Post a Comment