Saturday, September 25, 2010

Always tell the truth

During the hearing of the lawsuit that was filed by Christian missionary Dr. Martyn Clark, Hudhoor (AS) set a shining example of telling the truth no matter what. Ahmadi children should always keep this incident in mind.

Hudhoor had retained a non-Ahmadi lawyer Maulvi Fazal Din to defend him in the lawsuit. On one occasion he suggested to Hudhoor (AS) to submit an affidavit to the court that was not based on facts. When Hudhoor (AS) was asked to go over the statement, he said “the statement is not factual, I am not willing to give any statement that contains a shred of lie”.

The lawyer said to Hudhoor (AS): “ if you are not willing to give such a statement, then you are asking for trouble. You have been charged with murder, in order to get rid of this charge, you must give such a statement”. Hudhoor (AS) replied back:

“I will not give a statement which is contrary to the facts. In order to save my neck, why should I earn God’s displeasure? I do not put my trust in such false statements, I trust God Almighty. I am quite certain that He will protect me. “ (Al-Hakam 14th November 1934)
The lawyer afterwards stated that he was flabbergasted at Hudoor's courage. Amazingly he did not want to tell a lie even though he was facing a murder charge. The plaintiff was a Christian, the judge was a Christian and all the Christians, Hindus and Muslims had joined hands in this case. They tried their darnest to have him sentenced by the court, but he did not knuckle under. He refused to sign the false statement. The fact of the matter is that God Almighty gave him honorable discharge because of his truthfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment